Draupadi Murmu was sworn in as the 15th President of India on July 25, 2022. She competed with Yashwant Sinha, the joint opposition candidate for the highest constitutional office. Draupadi Murmu is a tribal chief of Rairangpur in Mayurbhanj District, Odisha. Draupadi Murmu is a soft-spoken leader who has worked her way into the politics of Odisha. After winning the 2022 presidential election, Draupadi Murmu became the first and second woman of the tribe to hold the th highest office.
Draupadi Murmu was born on 10 October 1959 in Odisha. She was married to late Shri Narayan Murmu, who was a leader of the Janata Dal United in Odisha. She has two daughters, Subhadra and Kalpana.
Draupadi Murmu completed her schooling from the Government Higher Secondary School in Bargarh district of Odisha. She then went on to pursue her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the Government Women’s College in Bargarh. She also holds a Masters degree in political science from the University of Sambalpur.
Draupadi Murmu is the daughter of late Ramachandra Murmu and late Sabitri Murmu. Her father was a school teacher and her mother was a homemaker. She has four siblings, two brothers and two sisters.
Draupadi Murmu Teaching Career
Before entering politics, she was a teacher in the tribal-dominated district of Mayurbhanj in Odisha, where she taught Hindi and Sanskrit. She also taught at a private school in Rairangpur. She served as a lecturer in the government-run Indira Gandhi Women’s College in Baripada for over 25 years. During her teaching career, she worked to raise awareness about the importance of education among the tribal communities in the region. She also encouraged the tribal students to pursue higher education.
Draupadi Murmu Political Life
She was previously a Member of Parliament in the 15th Lok Sabha representing the constituency of Mayurbhanj. She is a member of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party. Murmu was born on June 1, 1960 in Rairangpur, Mayurbhanj district, Odisha. She graduated with a degree in Political Science from Sambalpur University in 1983. She then completed her post-graduation in Political Science from Utkal University in 1985.
Murmu started her political career in 1991 by joining the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). She was appointed as the President of the BJP’s Mayurbhanj District unit in 1997. In 2004, she was elected to the Odisha Legislative Assembly from Rairangpur constituency. She was re-elected for a second term in 2009. Murmu was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from the Mayurbhanj constituency in the 2014 general elections. She was one of the 19 BJP candidates from Odisha who were elected to the Lok Sabha. In the 16th Lok Sabha, she was a member of the Standing Committee on Empowerment of Women, and the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Communications & IT.
In August 2015, Murmu was appointed as the Governor of Jharkhand. She is the first woman to be appointed as the Governor of Jharkhand. She is also the first tribal woman to be appointed as a Governor. As the Governor of Jharkhand, she is responsible for maintaining law and order in the state, as well as promoting development and welfare initiatives.
|Father Name||BIRANCHI NARAYAN TUD|
|Husband Name||Shyam Charan Murmu|
|Height||5 ft 4 inch|
|Birth Place||Baidaposi, Odisha|
|Birth Date||June 20, 1958|
Draupadi Murmu Net Worth
Draupadi Murmu is one of the richest politicians in the world. the most popular politicians. According to our analysis, Wikipedia, Forbes & Business Insider Draupadi Murmu has a net worth of $5 million.
10 Interesting Facts About Draupadi Murmu
- Draupadi Murmu became India’s first female tribal president in 2015 when she was elected as the Governor of Jharkhand.
- She is the first Adivasi (tribal) woman to become a Governor in India.
- Murmu was born in a small village in the Mayurbhanj district of Odisha.
- She is the daughter of a farmer, and she has six siblings.
- She completed her primary education from a local school, and later pursued higher education from the Utkal University in Bhubaneswar.
- She worked as a teacher in a government school for many years.
- She is an active social worker and has been associated with various organizations that work for the welfare of tribals.
- She was earlier associated with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and was elected to the Odisha Legislative Assembly in 2009.
- In 2015, she was appointed as the Governor of Jharkhand and is the first Adivasi woman to attain this position.
- She is an active campaigner for the rights of Adivasi people and upliftment of tribal communities.