Savannah Marshall (born 24 August 1989) is an English professional boxer. She is the current WBO middleweight champion, having held the title since 2019. She is the first British female boxer to become world champion. Marshall was born in Hartlepool and began boxing at the age of nine, joining the Hartlepool boxing club at the age of twelve. She won the Amateur World Championships in 2012 and the Commonwealth Games gold medal in 2014, before turning professional the same year.
She has fought in four different weight divisions and has held the WBO middleweight title since 2019 when she defeated Hannah Rankin. She is the first British female boxer to become a world champion. Marshall is a member of the Matchroom Boxing stable and is trained by her husband, Craig French. She is also a coach in the GB Boxing Programme.
Savannah Marshall Boxer family Savannah Marshall is a professional boxer from Hartlepool, UK. She is the current WBO World Middleweight Champion and the first British female world boxing champion. She is also the reigning Commonwealth and WBO Inter-Continental Middleweight Champion. Savannah is the daughter of John and Lorraine Marshall, who have been her biggest supporters since she began her boxing career at the age of 11. Her brother, Lee, was also a boxer, and has been a great mentor to Savannah throughout her career.
|Full Name||Savannah Rose Marshall|
|Mother’s Name||Kelly Landino|
|Father’s Name||Donny Marshall|
|Nickname||The Silent Assassin|
|Date of Birth||19 May 1991|
|Height||5 ft 11 1⁄2 in (182 cm)|
|Birthplace||Hartlepool, County Durham, England|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
Marshall was interested in boxing and began training at the age of 12. He spent most of his time at local boxing studios before training. The boxer had a very successful amateur career. In 2011 he won his first bronze medal at a European Championship. He represented England twice at the World Cup, winning a silver medal in 2010 and a gold medal in 2012.He won another middleweight gold medal at the 2014 Commonwealth.
In 2016, Floyd Mayweather turned Savannah Marshall pro with Mayweather Promotions. The following year, she faced Sydney LeBlac in her pro debut. Marshall won 4 rounds by unanimous decision. Marshall won his first career title in 2018.
She defeated Yanina Orozco via unanimous decision to win the vacant WBA Inter-Continental super middleweight title. After moving up to middleweight, she won her second career title of 2020. Later that year, she defeated Hannah Rankin by TKO to regain the vacant WBO middleweight title.
Savannah Marshall’s Net Worth
Savannah Marshall is estimated to have a net worth of about $2 million. Her earning is mainly attributed to her professional career as a boxer. She has competed in several championships including the European Union Championships, the World Championships, and the Commonwealth Games. She also has various endorsement deals with companies like Nike, which further adds to her net worth.
10 Fact about Savannah Marshall
- Savannah Marshall is a British professional boxer who is the current WBO middleweight female world champion.
- She is trained by Peter Fury, a former professional boxer and uncle of Tyson Fury.
- She was the first female boxer from the United Kingdom to win a gold medal at the Women’s World Championships in 2012.
- She was the first female boxer to sign a professional contract with Matchroom Sport in 2013.
- In 2018, she became the first British female boxer to win a professional world title when she defeated Hannah Rankin to become the WBO middleweight champion.
- Marshall holds a record of 10 wins and 1 loss in her professional career.
- She is the current WBO middleweight world champion and is currently ranked 8th in the world by BoxRec.
- She is the first female boxer from the United Kingdom to be featured on the cover of Boxing News magazine.
- In 2020, she was named one of the BBC’s 100 Women.
- She is an ambassador for the charity Women In Sport, which works to increase the visibility and participation of women in sport.